Level II Systems Engineer
New York, NY
Cohere Cyber Secure, a New York City-based, Managed Security Services Provider is in search of a motivated Level II Systems Engineer. As an IT solutions firm, Cohere is dedicated to serving medium-to-large enterprise firms in delivering fully protected network connectivity, Cyber-Defense, Cloud (private and public) services, and Next-Gen VoIP Telephony/UC capabilities.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operations, maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, problem determination and the resolution, of cloud and premised-based systems. Our ideal candidate will have experience providing IT support, Cloud computing, including AWS and Azure environments to the financial services industry and have worked for a Managed Services Provider (MSP).
The Systems Engineer will provide a high level of technical expertise in the planning, evaluation, acquisition, design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s network and systems infrastructure. This includes the deployment, operation, administration, and management of Window servers, VMWare virtualization, storage systems (SAN), firewalls, and support of network-related software and systems. The Systems Engineer will apply problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the availability and performance of IT systems.
The position demands someone who is highly technically competent, detail-oriented, and self-motivated to conduct administration and support of systems infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite, and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine needs and help the customer resolve issues or requests.
- The Operation, Administration, and Management (OAM) of the firms Cloud computing environments, inclusive of the firm’s internal Cloud, AWS , and Azure servers.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and act as a liaison with our Customer Care Group to resolve more advanced/complex issues.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Assists with the deployment and performance of all Microsoft software installations, updates, security patches. This includes server-level software such as Exchange/E-Mail, SQL Server, SharePoint, Active Directory, PC Imaging Software, and MS Server.
- Strong Knowledge of Server 2008/2012
- Working experience with Exchange 2007/2010/2013
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory/Group Policy/RAID
- Strong knowledge of MS Suite/Office 365
- Working experience with VMware vSphere 5.1 and higher/HyperV/Citrix
Networking Technical Requirements
- Experience with Sonicwall devices, Cisco router & switches -- (Command Line, not just ASDM)
- LAN/WAN/VLAN/VPN/Layer 2 Protocols
- DNS/DHCP servers
- Working Experience with VoIP Technologies
- Wireless Access PointsStrong
- 5+ years experience in system engineering and IT support
- Managed Services experience is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time for fieldwork and training purposes
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Experience working in a mission-critical, on-call environment is desirable
- MCSA/CCNA certifications preferred but not required
- Experience with RMM/PSA software such as ConnectWise
- Commute to Grand Central must be max 30 minutes
- No vacations within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs
- Commitment to work on-call hours including to fill in on weekends, nights, and/or holiday schedules
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Complete the form and upload your resume. Our team will contact you if your experience and qualifications are a good fit.
Thank you for considering Cohere in your job search.