Cohere is looking for enthusiastic, motivated, and proactive individuals to grow its Network Operations Center (NOC) Team. As a part of this group, this Help Desk Technician serves as a direct point-of-contact for most customer and service provider interactions. This interaction includes receiving and resolving Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer requests via phone, e-mail, and internal ticket system, escalating alerts to appropriate personnel, rebooting servers and network devices. The role includes the coordination and execution of planned maintenance, as well as performing security scans on designated customer environments.
This person’s responsibilities include escorting vendors and/or customer visitors in the data center space. Acting as a liaison between customers/providers and our NOC Engineering Team to resolve network problems and perform testing for customers. Responsibilities include monitoring our ticketing system and completing requests as they come in.
- Escalate and communicate customer issues and network-related alerts to Engineering, Management, and Administration as defined by Cohere's process and procedures.
- Troubleshoot various issues such as internal Cohere Data Center questions/requests raised (Password request, ticket investigation, researching vendor position), customer issues or questions, or issues Cohere is requesting a provider to take action on.
- Respond to customer requests and provide consistent communication as defined by Cohere policies.
- Interact with Network Suppliers, Vendors, and Customers on a daily basis; opening tickets and performing follow up with external organizations on customer related issues
- Resolve trouble/request tickets and provide detailed updates within the ticketing system
- Perform daily backups and recovery, when necessary
- Setup and maintain users, groups, and permissions
- Install software patches when necessary
- Monitor client network connectivity
- Troubleshoot PC workstations and take necessary steps to repair
- Provide support and training for users
- Install, configure and test software and hardware
- Install software patches and upgrades as required
- Keep users updated and knowledgeable on current and upcoming technology projects
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Follow all processes written and verbal for Selling, Installing, Maintaining, Training, and supporting the technology environment of Cohere clients
- Properly process all Service Requests including tracking of incident time, materials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of configuration and support of the Microsoft server environment, including:
- Proficient in Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 and O365.
- Strong diagnostic skills. Perform analysis, implementation, and monitoring of Windows strong understanding of Active Directory and other core Microsoft technologies
- knowledge of TCP/IP protocol. This knowledge will be applied to firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively interact with peers, senior management, vendors, consultants, and internal/external customers
- Ability to learn new technologies and utilize the Microsoft resources provide as part of our partnership programs
- Ability to work off-hours as needed
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor degree or four (4) years of relevant information technology experience
- Help Desk Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Network Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hardware Troubleshooting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Flexibility with covering 2nd or 3rd shift when needed
- Sound Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to learn and retain information in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to work independently and/or as a part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Resourceful, innovative, and creative
- Ability to have a highly flexible schedule, as well as to work extra hours as needed
- Must be willing to work on-call via a cell phone, including weekends or holidays to support the operations staff
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Complete the form and upload your resume. Our team will contact you if your experience and qualifications are a good fit.
Thank you for considering Cohere in your job search.