The role of the cybersecurity analyst is to develop strategies to protect the firm and its clients from cyberthreats and actively develops protocols used to respond to and quell cyberattacks. As a Cybersecurity analyst, your goal is to defend against cybercriminals and hackers seeking to cause damage or steal sensitive information. The role requires a thorough understanding of identifying cyberattacks, malware, ransomware, and the behavior of cybercriminals. Having hands-on experience with SIEM, EDR, and Vscan technologies are a requirement.
The analyst's primary role is to understand IT infrastructure in detail, monitor it at all times, develop rules to screen false positives, correlate and evaluate threats that could potentially breach the network. The cybersecurity analyst continuously looks for ways to enhance network security and protect its sensitive information.
The position will be responsible for consulting our clients in a wide range of security domains, including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, information security assessments, and network security. Maintaining proficiency in and awareness of security services, industry trends, tactics, techniques, and procedures are expected. This individual serves a key role in providing a holistic view of an organization's IT security preparedness and response to cyber threats.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Configuring Tools: This may come in the form of virus software, password protectors, and vulnerability management software. They will evaluate what the company needs and use these tools to protect its information.
- Reporting: The analyst will detail what is currently going on in the network and evaluate its strengths. One of the skills needed is learning to read these reports. They will show what is well-protected and indicate if there is any unusual activity in the network.
- Evaluate Weaknesses: No network is fully secure, but the goal is to make it as secure as possible. Part of the job is to continuously test all company networks and find weaknesses before bad actors or external threats can compromise them.
- Responds to, investigates, and analyzes security events to determine appropriate actions
- Analyzes security system logs, security tools, and available data sources on a regular basis to identify attacks against the enterprise and report on any irregularities, issues related to improper access patterns, trending, and event correlations and make suggestions for detection rules and system tuning
- Performs incident response activities and ensure that proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident has been discovered.
- Perform daily backups and recovery, when necessary
- Setup and maintain users, groups, and permissions
- Install software patches when necessary
- Monitor client network connectivity
- Troubleshoot PC workstations and take necessary steps to repair
- Provide support and training for users
- Install, configure and test software and hardware
- Install software patches and upgrades as required
- Keep users updated and knowledgeable on current and upcoming technology projects
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Follow all processes written and verbal for Selling, Installing, Maintaining, Training, and supporting the technology environment of Cohere clients
- Properly process all Service Requests including tracking of incident time, materials
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Network security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Information Security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Security Information and Event Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Security Certifications such as the following are a plus:
- CompTIA Security+ (Sec+)
- CompTIA CSA+
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Complete the form and upload your resume. Our team will contact you if your experience and qualifications are a good fit.
Thank you for considering Cohere in your job search.